By DPC doctors, For DPC doctors
Your mission is to provide your patients the best care possible. We are here to help you accomplish just that. The Alliance was formed by practicing DPC physicians-- entrepreneurs, innovators, and leaders-- with years of experience. We are committed to keeping it a physician-led organization and need physicians like yourself to keep the ball rolling.
The DPC Alliance is committed to:
- Advocating for the DPC model
- Strengthening the collective voice of the DPC movement
- Providing resources to help and enhance our members' DPC practices
Membership in the DPC Alliance requires the member to be a physician, medical student or resident-physician who...
- Completes our membership application.
- Holds an MD or DO degree, or is enrolled in medical school (MD or DO) or residency training program
- Practices (or training to practice) a broad scope of medical care that encompasses "primary care" services that includes but is not limited to: prevention, acute care, and chronic disease management. Specialties that would cover this gamut would generally be Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Pediatrics, but exceptions may be made.
- Practices* (or planning a practice) in a "Direct Primary Care" model as described by Eskew et al:
- charges a fixed periodic fee for primary care services
- does not bill any third parties on a fee-for-service basis, and
- any per-visit charges are less than the monthly equivalent of the periodic fee.
*Only members in an active DPC practice will maintain voting rights.